Fostering London seek professionals who are value-driven with a passion for fostering. We are commitment to safeguarding all children and central to this is that children’s safety is paramount and considered at every stage of the recruitment process. We seek to achieve a safe, fair and equitable recruitment and selection procedure consistent with safeguarding and employment legislation and good practice.
Supervising Social Worker Full or part-time
Supervising Social Worker
- You will be providing direct support and supervision to our foster carers.
- Your role will enable you to develop significant relationships with foster children and work as part of a professional team to promote their best interests and overall outcomes.
- Assessment of potential foster carers; completing the Form F and presenting it to panel.
- Leading or contributing to training for staff and/or foster carers.
- Undertaking foster carers’ annual reviews.
- Represent Fostering London’s vision and values and positively contribute to building a professional and high-quality fostering service.
- The ability to work flexibly over the week and respond to OOH calls.
Qualification, skills and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of children and families social work which must include direct work with children.
- A recognised social work qualification and Social Work England registration.
- Knowledge of the legal framework for fostering services.
- Enhanced DBS required.
- Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding of children and equality of opportunity.
- Must be willing to travel being flexible around use of car or public transport in order to visit carers/attend meetings in and around London and surrounding boroughs.
If you would like to find out more and request an application form please email Beverley at [email protected] to find out more information and/or request an application form.
A dynamic and value-driven professional team
An opportunity to positively impact upon foster children’s lives
An excellent training programme and individual learning and development opportunities
Flexible working hours
Work from home opportunities
Application deadline: 31/07/2020